Center for Technology and Testing of Geophysical Machines
Mr. Tran Anh Tuan
Center Director (from 2011 to present)
|Mr. Hoang Hai Ha
Deputy Director of the Center (from 2018 to present)
Officials and employees of the Center for Technology and Testing of Geophysical Machines
The Center for Applied Geophysical Research, formerly the Center for Applied Research, was established in 1987. And changed its name to the Center for Applied Geophysical Research in 1992. In 2018, it was merged with the Accreditation Department. machine and renamed it Geophysical Machine Testing and Technology Center
Celebrating 10 years of the Center for Applied Geophysical Research
Leadership through the ages
Mr: Le Van Vuong – Director of the Center for Applied Geophysical Research (1987-1995)
Mr: Nguyen Ngoc Chan – Director of the Center for Applied Geophysical Research (1995-2008)
Mr: La Thanh Long – Director of the Center for Applied Geophysics Research (2008-2009)
Mr: Nguyen The Hung – Director of the Center for Applied Geophysics Research (2009-2010)
Mr. Tran Anh Tuan – Director of the Center for Applied Geophysics Research (2010-2018)
Mr. Tran Anh Tuan – Director of Center for Technology and Testing of Geophysical Machines (2018-present)
FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND POWERS
Center for Technology and Testing of Geophysical Machines under the Federation of Geophysics and Geophysics has the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure specified in Decision No. 231/QD-DCVN dated February 14th/ 2023 by the Vietnam Geological Survey.
I. Location and function
1. Center for Technology and Testing of Geophysical Machines is a unit under the Federation of Geophysics, with the function of organizing the calibration and verification of geophysical measuring machines and equipment; researching and applying geophysical methods for basic geological and mineral investigations and mineral exploration; investigation of environmental geology, engineering geology – hydrogeology and geological hazards; perform public non-business services in geology and minerals in accordance with law.
2. The Geophysical Machines Technology and Testing Center has its own seal, is dependent on the Geological Physics Federation, and may open an account at the Bank in accordance with the law; head office in Ha Dong district, Hanoi city.
II. Duties and powers
1. Participate in the development of long-term, medium-term and annual plans of the Federation; geophysical investigation projects and projects in service of basic geological and mineral investigations, mineral exploration, environmental geology, engineering geology-hydrogeology, geological hazards on land nationwide; investment and development projects of the Federation.
2. Perform work items ordered by the State or assigned tasks assigned by the Federation according to the annual plan on calibration and verification of geophysical measuring machines and equipment; researching and applying geophysical methods for basic geological and mineral investigations and mineral exploration; investigation of environmental geology, engineering geology – hydrogeology and geological hazards.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by the Federation, including:
a) Participating in determining the cost of reimbursement for the use of geological data information, quantifying and accounting for the value of geological resources and minerals in accordance with law.
b) Manage maintenance and repair of machines and geophysical equipment of the Federation; maintenance and repair of machines, geophysical equipment for the industry. Analyze physical parameter samples in accordance with the law and assigned by the Federation Chief.
c) Store and preserve radioactive sample warehouses according to regulations.
d) Organize the task of researching and applying geophysical methods for basic geological, mineral and engineering surveys, environmental investigation and geological hazards, establishment and volume to publish thematic maps of environmental geophysics.
4. Performing geological and mineral-related service activities, including:
a) Organize the construction of work items under the geological and mineral service contracts signed by the Federation and assigned the unit to perform.
b) Performing services on geology and minerals as decentralized or authorized by the Federation Head for: geophysics, geology, minerals, environmental geology, engineering geology – hydrogeology, geological hazards and other services on geology and minerals as prescribed by law.
5. Implement technical processes and regulations in production; carry out the work of occupational safety and hygiene, fire and explosion prevention in the operation of the unit according to regulations.
6. Internal acceptance of tasks and completed work of the unit, submit to the Federation for acceptance on basis the tasks assigned by the Federation.
7. Financial management, property and machinery and equipment assigned by the Federation; Organizational management, employment positions; officials and employees; implementation of administrative reform; practicing thrift, preventing and combating waste; carry out the task of preventing and combating corruption, negativity and regimes and policies in accordance with the State’s regulations and as decentralized by the Head of the Federation.
8. Implement periodical and irregular statistical reports on the performance of assigned tasks.
9. Perform other tasks assigned by the Union Leader.
III. Organizational structure
The total number of officers, employees and employees of the Center for Technology and Testing of Geophysical Machines is 35 people. Professional qualifications: Master 6; University: 19; College: 1; Intermediate: 1; Workers: 8.
1. The Center for Technology and Testing of Geophysical Machines is led by a Director and Deputy Directors. The number of Deputy Directors shall comply with the provisions of law.
2. The Director is responsible before the Federation Head and before the law for all activities of the Center and assigned tasks; develop unit rules; sign professional documents according to their assigned functions and tasks and other documents as authorized by the Federation Head.
3. Deputy Directors assist the Director, take responsibility before the Director and before the law for the field of work assigned by the Director.
4. Officers and employees of the Center perform professional tasks as assigned by the Director and are answerable to the Director for their assigned tasks
Summary of achievements
With the main task of the Center in recent years is the construction of tasks related to the radioactive environment in the whole country. In addition, performing the tasks of producing geological services in the fields of: engineering, hydrology, minerals…
With a wealth of experience in the investigation and assessment of the radioactive environment nationwide. The Center has implemented dozens of projects on the environment.
Since 1992, the Center has conducted environmental geophysical surveys for a series of urban areas such as Da Nang – Hoi An (1992-1994), Dien Bien – Son La (1993-1994), Hue – Dong Ha – Dong Hoi (1995-1996), Vinh – Thanh Hoa (1995-1996), Buon Ma Thuot – Pleiku (2001), Nha Trang – Cam Ranh – Phan Thiet (2006)…. In addition, the Federation also cooperates with other units to conduct environmental geophysical surveys in Laos Cai – Yen Bai, Hanoi – Hai Phong, Tan An – My Tho – Ben Tre, Tay Ninh – Thu Dau Mot , Tra Vinh – Vinh Long and on some northern islands.
Implemented major projects such as:
In 1996 to 2005, the project “Applying the process of synthetic processing of flight documents measured from gamma and gravity spectra to study zoning of endogenous mineral prospect” for all projects was carried out. measured before 1996. The results have delineated many areas to forecast mineral prospects, conducted ground survey and discovered new mines such as gold in APey – ADang regions (Thua Thien – Hue), Binh Dien region (Thua Thien – Hue); magnesite – Gia Lai; or processing flight data using gamma ray spectroscopy to study the prospect of placer ore buried in coastal Quang Nam – Quang Ngai.
Project: “Editing for publication, resistivity zoning map of Vietnam at scale 1: 1000,000”. The result of the project is to establish a map of the resistivity zoning of Vietnam’s soil at the scale of 1: 1000,000 to serve the country’s socio-economic development.
Project: “Editing the radioactive map of Vietnam with scale 1: 1000,000” The result of the project is the first time establishing Vietnam radioactivity at a scale of 1: 1000,000 to serve socio-economic development, industry and society. management and subsequent investigation of the radioactive environment.
Project: “Establishing a map of natural radiation background of Vietnam at the scale of 1:1,000,000”. As a result of the project, for the first time, a set of natural radiation background maps of Vietnam with a scale of 1: 1000,000 has been established for the next environmental investigation and management.
The project “Detailed assessment of naturally radioactive contaminated areas in the Northwest of Vietnam to notify the People’s Committee of the province to coordinate in planning and implementing necessary measures to reduce to minimal harm to humans”.
Project “Building a set of natural radioactive environment maps of 1/250,000 scale for the whole territory of Vietnam – Phase I (2011-2015) for a number of key areas”.
Project: Environmental protection work under the Project: “Exploring uranium ore in Pa Lua – Pa Rong area, Nam Giang district, Quang Nam province”
Science and technology project “Establishing a scientific basis for the establishment of a map of the natural radioactive field from aeronautical gamma-spectrometer data. Experimenting in Ninh Thuan and Quang Nam areas”. Code TNMT.2017.03.09
Project “Building a set of natural radioactive environment maps of 1/250,000 scale for the whole territory of Vietnam – Phase II (2018-2012) for northern border and coastal provinces”.
Construction of a number of items under the project “Investigation, assessment and establishment of a map of the toxic mineral environment in the territory of Vietnam (the mainland – Phase 1).
The main products of environmental geophysical investigations are natural radiation field maps (µR/h), equivalent total dose rate maps (mRem/year or mSv/year) for In each study area, it is possible to determine the status of natural radiation pollution in the environment in the survey area, so that there can be recommendations on timely preventive measures to ensure safety for the population and for other activities. social action.
In addition to research on the radioactive environment, the Center has applied a combination of methods: seismic refraction, soil gas radon measurement, soil mercury vapor measurement, total alpha activity measurement, ground gamma measurement, etc. research and investigation of geological hazards in the regions: Kon Tum, Ia Bang, Jave, Dak Lak, Nha Trang – Cam Ranh – Phan Thiet, Cam Duc, Cam Thinh Dong…
In addition, the Center has widely applied a combination of geophysical methods in production services in the fields of geology, hydrogeology, engineering geology. Application of geophysical methods to explore salt mines in Noong Book – Lao PDR; Applying geophysical methods to search for groundwater for islands (Quan Lan, Cai Lan, Co To, Phu Quoc, Cat Ba, Ngoc Vung …) and high mountain areas, border provinces (Ha Giang, Cao Bang, Bac Kan, Yen Bai…). Application of geophysical methods to survey the foundations of works for the construction of hydroelectric power plants, thermal power plants, nuclear power plants, cement plants, rolling yards, aircraft parking lots, underground tunnels through mountains …; Applying geophysical methods to survey geological hazards and land subsidence in the following areas: Cam Lo – Quang Tri; National Highway 6 – Hoa Binh; Bang Lung – Bac Can…
In addition, the center’s technical staff participated and completed many scientific and technological research projects, the research results of the topic were effectively applied to the general production of the industry.
The geophysics industry in Vietnam in general and the General Department of Geology and Minerals of Vietnam in particular, is currently using very diverse and multi-generational geophysical machines and equipment according to the technology developed in each period in the world. world. Most of the machines are imported from many developed countries such as: USA, Russia, Canada, Sweden, Hungary, China… Geophysical system is used for geological survey and mineral exploration by plane. in the air), ships (at sea) and directly on the ground, in wells and in underground mines…. These are: magnetometers, radiometers, gamma spectrometers, resistance measurements, electropolarizers, electromagnetics, magnetic tellurium, borehole geophysics, land and sea seismographs, aeronautical geophysics, material parameters stone handle…
The geological formations and underground minerals all have their geophysical parameter characteristics and are recorded as “geophysical anomalies” by specialized geophysical machines. Over time and natural conditions (humidity, temperature, …) the recorded measurement parameters of the machines and geophysical equipment mentioned above will change and cannot remain the same as the standard parameters like when they were shipped. Therefore, the measurement will be different, so the machines and geophysical equipment need to be calibrated: check if the machine is still working properly, standardize the recorded measurement parameters to calibrate the measured data to the correct parameters. of subjects. Therefore, the work of “verification of geophysical machines” is a very important task in measuring using geophysical machines.
In the 80s and 90s of the last century, the technical staff was very active, trained in the maintenance, repair and calibration of geophysical machines. At this time, the Geophysical Machine Workshop was established to. The repair of aeronautical geophysics machine (gamma spectrometer manufactured by Canada) timely serves the flight measurement from the gamma spectrum, avoiding wasting time waiting and saving the government millions of dollars. bronze (the period of the 80s of the last century). The individual who has been awarded the title of “Labor Hero” by the State is Engineer Nguyen Tu Anh. Currently, although he is retired, he still participates in many activities in the field of repairing and manufacturing geophysical machines. Geophysical machines have been built by him such as: resistance meter, road radiometer, ground magnetometer, multi-channel gamma spectrometer, seabed dosimeter, sea magnetometer… and many other researches. scientific research in the field of geophysical machines and equipment.
In the past years, the technical staff working in the field of testing and repairing geophysical machines, in addition to their electronic scientific knowledge, must also have a better understanding of geophysical science and experience in using geophysical machines. and geophysical equipment. With a very modest workforce of 3 to 4 people, but has tested thousands of machines, in addition, this team can repair the machine when it is broken to promptly meet the production and research work of the units. inside and outside the industry.
Activities of Geophysical Machine Testing and Technology Center
Photo: Field inspection of the Northwest environmental project (2017)Photo: construction project of environmental map establishment 1/250,000 (2016)Photo: field construction of Noong Book salt mine exploration project Lao PDR (2010)Photo: field construction of Noong Book salt mine exploration project Lao PDR (2010)Construction at night for seismic measurement and subsidence survey on National Highway 6 Hoa Binh (2015)Measuring electricity to survey the subsidence of National Highway 6 Hoa Binh (2015) Geophysical measurement of boreholes in Lao salt mining project (2015) Measured from the foundation survey of Ninh Thuan nuclear power plant (2013) Standard geophysics machine for salt mine exploration in Lao PDR 2010Mr. Nguyen Van Nguyen – Deputy General Director of General Department of Geology and Minerals of Vietnam inspects radiation safety at Luong Son – Hoa Binh radioactive sample warehouse (2017)Meet female staff at the center on Vietnamese Women’s Day October 20, 2016Spring trip to Phu Tay Ho (2015)Center for Technology and Testing of Geophysical Machines organized for officials and their families to vacation in Da Nang (2016)